Battery-powered neon signs have become increasingly popular for their convenience and versatility. However, it's important to note that battery power is not a distinct product line or primary form of LED neon signs; rather, it is an optional power source accessory that can be easily switched to a plug-in option if needed.
One of the advantages of battery-powered neon signs is that they can be powered by either rechargeable batteries or disposable AA batteries. Typically, a neon sign will require 8 AA batteries to operate. This flexibility in power sources allows users to choose the most suitable option for their specific needs and preferences.
In this blog post, we will discuss the various aspects of battery-powered neon signs, helping you determine if they are the right choice for your requirements. We will cover topics such as their benefits, limitations, and appropriate use cases.
Some benefits of battery-powered neon signs include:
- Portability: Battery-powered neon signs are easy to transport and can be set up in a variety of locations without requiring access to a power outlet.
- Flexibility: They can be used for both indoor and outdoor events, making them an excellent choice for temporary installations or mobile displays.
- Safety: Battery-powered neon signs do not require electrical wiring, reducing the risk of electrical hazards.
In summary, there are two main benefits of using battery-powered accessories for neon signs:
They can be conveniently used in situations where there is no power source or the power outlet is far away, such as weddings and exhibition halls.
If you choose to install the backplane color is a non-transparent backplane, the battery pack can be mounted behind the backplane. This way, when the neon sign is installed on the wall, even the transparent power cord disappears from view, creating a truly wireless neon sign with no visible power cords on the wall. It looks like a piece of art hanging on an impeccably clean wall.
However, there are also some limitations to consider:
- Battery life: Depending on the size and brightness of the neon sign, the battery life may be limited, requiring frequent recharging or replacement of disposable batteries.
- Reduced brightness: Battery-powered neon signs may not be as bright as plug-in models, especially when the battery power is low.
- Cost: The initial cost of rechargeable batteries and chargers can be higher than that of plug-in neon signs.
It's worth emphasizing that you don't need to be indecisive about this issue, as mentioned earlier, battery-powered LED neon signs are not a series or primary form of neon signs. Instead, it is just a power accessory that you can easily switch to plug-in power supply at any time.